Resident Camps feature national team coaches, strength and conditioning, game analysis, nutrition, mental skills, & college advisement.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"][bra_dropcaps style='dropcap1']S[/bra_dropcaps]EATTLE – (April 2, 2015) The USA Rugby Academy, Powered by Serevi® (serevirugby.com) has announced dates and locations for its 2015 series of High Performance Resident Camps aimed at identifying top players and providing a specific development pathway to the men’s and women’s U.S. National Teams. Working alongside USA Rugby, Serevi will host four resident camps around the country providing the nation’s top young rugby players and cross-over athletes with a unique, five-day immersive training experience to build on and off field skills. U.S. National Team and Serevi Rugby coaches will participate throughout the program to help identify young players for additional development and future national team consideration.
The Resident Camp experience allows for players to be immersed in a national team training environment at world-class facilities, learning what it takes on and off the field to compete at the highest level,” said Emilie Bydwell, Serevi’s Director of the USA Rugby Academy. “We’ve added new locations and new features to the camp this year to ensure we continually improve the experience for our most promising athletes.”
The 2015 USA Rugby Academy, Powered by Serevi Resident Camps will be held at:
• Women’s Elite: Infinity Park – Glendale, CO June 23-27
• Girl’s & Boy’s High School: Rutgers University – New Jersey July 19-23
• Girl’s & Boy’s High School: University of Washington – Seattle August 2-6
• Men’s Elite: Hypo2 Sport Center – Flagstaff, AZ August 4-8
Serving as one entry point for USA Age Grade, USA 7s and USA XVs program, athletes can attend Resident Camps through invitation by USA National Team coaches based on demonstrated abilities or by applying directly at serevirugby.com/usa-rugby-academy. Resident Camps are unique, individual opportunities for Serevi and USA Rugby coaches work with the nation’s most promising athletes.
This year’s Resident Camps will emphasize skill development, unit skills, situational awareness and decision-making. In addition to on-field instruction, Resident Camps uniquely offer athletes strength and conditioning, game analysis, nutrition, mental skills, and college advisement.
New to the USA Rugby Academy Resident Camp experience in 2015:
• Camp attendees will have access to College Connection, a hands-on education program to help student-athletes navigate the process and connect with college coaches. This program is provided through a partnership with The Rugger’s Edge, the premiere college athletic advisor for male and female rugby players.
• All athletes will receive the first 2-months free and exclusive Serevi subscription pricing to Volt Athletics rugby-specific High Performance strength programs to ensure they can continue conditioning after camp. Volt provides each athlete with a customized, sport-specific, and cloud-based strength and conditioning program delivered to their smartphone or tablet.
• To ensure high performance programming is available to all athletes, Serevi and World Rugby Shop are providing 100 scholarships for young rugby athletes seeking to attend a USA Rugby Academy Resident or Training Camp. Players interested in learning more and applying for a scholarship can visit: serevirugby.com/pages/info/index/page/scholarships.
USA Rugby and Serevi coaches at the 2015 Resident Camps will include: Waisale Serevi (World Rugby Hall of Fame), Ric Suggitt (USA Women’s 7s Head Coach), Justin Fitzpatrick (USA Men’s XVs Forwards Coach), Richie Walker (USA Women’s Assistant Coach), Matt Hawkins (USA Eagle, former USA 7s Coach), Emilie Bydwell (USA Eagle, Girls High School All-Americans Coach), Chris Tombs (Serevi High Performance Director), Pate Tuilevuka (USA Eagle), and Shawn Pittman (USA Eagle).
Full details about the upcoming series of USA Rugby Academy Resident and High Performance Camps, including registration, is available at serevirugby.com/usa-rugby-academy.
About Serevi Rugby®
Headquartered in Seattle, Serevi® is focused on growing the game of rugby in North America and beyond. An official Youth Programming Partner of USA Rugby and provider of the USA Rugby Academy, Serevi offers on-field programming for coaches and players through the youth to elite spectrum. It also offers performance and casual rugby apparel to players and fans of the sport. For more information on Serevi Rugby, including upcoming player and coach training sessions visit www.serevirugby.com.
About USA Rugby
Established in 1975, USA Rugby is the governing body for the sport of rugby in America and a Full Sport Member of the United States Olympic Committee. Currently headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, USA Rugby is charged with developing the game on all levels and has more than 100,000 active members, with more than 35,000 playing collegiate rugby and 35,000 playing senior club rugby. USA Rugby oversees four national teams, multiple collegiate and high school All-American sides, and an emerging Olympic development pathway for elite athletes. It also hosts more than 30 national playoff and championship events each year as a service to its members. In October 2009, the International Olympic Committee announced Rugby Sevens (the seven-a-side version of the game) will appear in the 2016 Olympic Games to be held in Rio de Janeiro. Visit www.usarugby.org for more information.